Aging brings with it wrinkles, freckles and fine lines on the face that does not present quite a pleasant picture when you view yourself in the mirror. Every passing year gets you closer to the signs of aging and time is not one thing you can control. But you know aging is the result of the break down of the skin cells which is believed to start even when you are just 20 years old. It is an irreversible process which happens in different ways in different people. Though it is irreversible it is not one which is totally out of your control. You can exert control to the extent that you can slow down the process of aging. You must read this to add the natural ingredients in your diet as they can delay the aging process and give you a soft and radiant skin that glows for a longer time.
How anti-aging foods can slow the aging process
Fresh fruits and vegetables supply the nutrients and antioxidants that can reduce the formation of free radicals. The free radicals are the culprits which speed up the aging process and also make you prone to age-related diseases and other harmful diseases. The supply of nutrients you can get from fruits and vegetables include
- Amino acids– They can help you maintain the smooth and wrinkle-free skin that you desire by stimulating the elastin and collagen production.
- Carotenoids- These are otherwise known as antioxidants. They reduce the formation of free radicals
- Omega-3 fatty acids– This is again a nutrient which is known for its antioxidant properties. The additional benefit is its anti-inflammatory properties
- Polyphenols– They act as skin guards against UV rays. They are antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents and anti-DNA damage agents rolled into one.
- Vitamin C- It is known for its collagen boosting and antioxidant It guards the skin against pollution as well as other negative environmental effects
- Vitamin E– It is the vitamin meant for skin health and is effective to prevent edema, thickening of the skin, erythema, and wrinkles by preventing oxidative stress from affecting the skin.
Fruits and vegetables you ought to take
Having discussed the nutrients that the vegetables and fruits could supply, it is also essential to consider, which among the fruits and vegetables have an abundant stock of these nutrients and how they promote a great skin too. Almost all fruits and vegetables are useful but a few you ought not to miss out to have a soft and glowing skin include
It is an abundant source for vitamins C,E and K and other nutrients such as potassium, manganese, selenium, calcium, protein, and carbohydrates which can play a vital role in protecting skin from premature aging.
They have loads of phenolic compounds in them. This means that they are bestowed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It plays a vital role in boosting cell metabolism, cell revival as well as prevention of oxidative stress. This would no doubt slow down the aging process.
Avocado can not only delay the aging process but it can also promote overall health. It can do it with the helpthe vitamins, antioxidants, and potassium present in it.
It is a rich source of vitamin C and K1. It also contains potassium fol ate and other minerals which makes it a super vegetable as far as anti aging of skin is concerned.
Carrots have a special nutrient called beta-carotene along with potassium and antioxidants which makes it one of the best vegetables to maintain skin health and aid weight loss as well.
Though it might not be the favorite vegetable for you, you should consider consuming it for it is loaded with anthocyanins which is a special type of flavonoid that is capable of eliminating the free radicals from the body. It can be the solution to the puzzle of having a youthful skin.
There are a number of vegetables, fruits, and beverages that slowdown the aging process. Adding these foods to your daily diet, exercise and good sleep can help you postpone the aging process and make you look younger for longer.